Modus Create is in search of a well-rounded junior recruiter with the technical and business acumen to source and hire the best talent for our team. Recognized in 2015 by Inc. Magazine as the top ranked software company in the Washington, D.C., Virginia and Maryland area, the Modus team is comprised of product managers, quality assurance pros, UI/UX developers, and software experts who use modern technologies to develop and deliver best in breed mobile apps to our customers. In this role, you will establish a pipeline of qualified candidates, leverage social media and other tools to uncover passive candidates, use talent acquisition to contribute to Modus’ competitive advantage, and thrive working in a dynamic, fast-paced and fun environment with other recruiting team members. As a full-life cycle recruiter, you will work with candidates from initial contact until the onboarding process is passed on.
The recruiter role is a full-time position that may be performed from a remote location.
- Collaborate with Modus’ hiring managers to anticipate, understand and achieve staffing needs, ensuring quality of candidate selection and timeliness of hire
- Recommend and drive improvements to enhance and scale our overall recruiting practice and processes with the recruiting team members
- Develop effective tools and social media to attract and identify active and passive job seekers
- Assess technical candidates’ hard and soft skills through a combination of interviews and competency-based evaluations
- Build and maintain a quality pipeline of candidates for contract by cultivating strong relationships and meaningful interactions
- Help build Modus Alumni network with other recruiting team members
- Establish, track and analyze recruiting metrics (e.g., pipeline and performance data, cost per hire, time to fill) and to share with internal stakeholders on a weekly basis
- Advise and consult with hiring managers and interviewers on the recruiting process, interview questions, candidate assessments, market compensation data, et cetera
- Apply working knowledge of employment law as it pertains to hiring practices to recruitment
- Represent Modus with integrity at all times, ensuring confidentiality and exercising discretion and well-honed professional judgement
Qualifications and Requirements
- You have 2+ years of recent technical recruiting experience for software projects in the commercial space
- You have 5+ years of recruitment experience
- You use your tenacity and experience working in a high volume, extremely deadline driven recruiting environment to excel and deliver results
- You have successfully acquired talent around the globe and understand the value of cultural differences
- You have experience in high volume hiring (e.g. hire at least 50 people in a year)
- You are comfortable working in a paperless environment
- You are tech-savvy and have experience using ATS (e.g. Jazz)
- You possess exceptional communications skills, both oral and written
- You bring strong technical acumen and understand the basics of Agile development principles
- You employ your strong interpersonal and consultative skills
- You have a deep understanding of creative sourcing strategies to find those diamonds in the rough
- You have experience with social media marketing techniques using tools such as Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn
- You have membership in several tech/dev communities
- You have experience with reporting recruiting metrics.
- You have proven organizational skills with attention to detail and know how to prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- You are passionate about ensuring that each candidate who interviews at Modus Create has a unique and positive experience
- A background in software development or engineering is a strong plus
- The ability to perform code assessment is a strong plus
Let’s Talk about You
You value outcomes above all else: You have a proven track record shipping great mobile and web products. By understanding the big picture, you articulate strategy and vision with strong written and verbal communication.
You Lead by Doing: You realize that the big picture is worthless without getting your hands dirty in the technical details for creative, strategic and tactical problem solving. You understand the value of situational leadership and can adapt to the needs and strength of your team.
You Love Work, Growth and Learning: You dream of working in a culture that values hard work, continued learning and innovation with a commitment to building amazing products for clients and their end users. You’ll stop learning when you are dead, and until then you desire to gain deeper knowledge in technology and business.
Let’s Talk About Us
Modus Create is a Product Studio offering consulting services and SaaS products for strategic planning, design and and execution of web-based and mobile products. We work across multiple industries with Fortune 1000, ISVs, and startups to validate, plan and launch new products. Headquartered in Reston, VA, we are a bootstrapped team that has grown from 2 to 100 people in 26 countries in 6 years, committed to building the best product consulting firm on the planet. We offer a highly collaborative, autonomous and effective working environment. We love and believe in what we do. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
Why Modus Create
- Competitive compensation and full benefits package
- Ability to work remotely
- Working side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
Do you have what it takes to join the DC area's most awesome tech company? Let’s start a conversation.