Are you ready to build great mobile and web-based applications and lead global teams with some of the brightest thought leaders, designers and technologists?
As a Sr. Full Stack Solutions Architect, whether you are faced with a brand new system with a full galaxy of choices to make about server stacks, front end frameworks and supporting tools, or you have to assess a project with 10 years of technical debt, connections to legacy systems and a nasty performance cliff that has to be solved, you have the chops to figure it out and help the team find a way to succeed.
A good Full Stack Solutions Architect will have had exposure to a broad variety of front end and back end frameworks and multiple software ecosystems and will be able to explain patiently to clients and prospects about where the source of their pain may originate: anything from the network, database, back end, middleware, API, or front end - to the human factors that influence an application’s success or failure. Whether you’re consulting across multiple projects and teams or rolling up your sleeves to dig into code on just one, your flexibility makes all the difference.
This is a full-time position that may be performed from a remote location. The incumbent must be authorized to work in the USA.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Be capable of operating with complex reporting relationships to reconcile competing priorities to achieve results.
- Demonstrate an entrepreneurial perspective in the ideation and implementation of products and services.
- Transform business ideas into implementable technology solutions, considering build, buy and partnering alternatives.
- Rapidly adapt to new and changing situations to quickly solve problems and find new directions
- Create and provide input to architectural designs, system designs and strategic technology plans
- Provides guidance on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, technology prototypes, and engineering process improvements
- Participation in, and present at, internal and external technology forums and target programs / classes
- Write production ready code
- Lead and participate in project related activities including design reviews, code reviews, defect remediation, technical design specification, automated unit tests
- Define and enforce technical design and coding standards
- Identification of dependencies as inputs to project plans
- Estimates and sequence of individual activities as inputs to project plans
- Travel to the company headquarters, client site, conferences, etc. as necessary
We’re looking for candidates with experience in the following areas:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related Engineering discipline or equivalent professional experience
- 8-12 years of progressive experience in designing, building and maintaining software systems
- Multiple operating system families and environments (Mac OS, Linux, Windows, Android, iOS, for example)
- Strong experience using core PHP and PHP MVC frameworks
- Used software configuration management frameworks (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Packer, or Salt) to configure both individual servers and fleets of machines.
- Used AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, or another Infrastructure-As-Code tool to build and maintain production infrastructure.
- Familiar with Vagrant and/or Docker
- Wide variety of programming languages, including at least one from each of these buckets
- Java, C#, C, C++, Objective C, Swift, Rust
- Python, Ruby, Bash, Perl
- SQL, GraphQL, NoSQL, Lucene
- Designing and implementing APIs for systems, with both RESTful styles of communication and other legacy approaches (e.g. SOAP)
- Track record of writing responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) and writing original proposals that win consulting work
- Software estimation skills, including Agile estimation with Story Points and Scrum planning experience.
- Agile team leadership and leading by example in mixed teams of clients and consulting staff
Highly qualified candidates will also have:
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, a related field, or equivalent experience
- Entrepreneurial experience or experience as a lead consultant opening new client engagements
- Hands-on experience developing native or hybrid HTML applications on iOS, Android, or other mobile platforms
- Multiple publication credits in peer-reviewed scientific and technical journals or in technology industry publications
- Designed and taught classes in an area of technical expertise
- Active participation in the world wide development community, such as Open Source Software commits and social media involvement (Stack Overflow, programming language/ framework forums, Meetup groups, blogging, Twitter)
Let’s Talk about You
You value outcomes above all else: You have a proven track record shipping great mobile and web products. By understanding the big picture, you articulate strategy and vision with strong written and verbal communication.
You Lead by Doing: You realize that the big picture is worthless without getting your hands dirty in the technical details for strategic and tactical problem solving. You understand the value of situational leadership and can adapt to the needs and strength of your team.
You Love Work, Growth and Learning: You dream of working in a culture that values hard work, continued learning and innovation with a commitment to building amazing products for clients and their end users. You’ll stop learning when you are dead, and until then you desire to gain deeper knowledge in technology and business.
Let’s Talk About Us
Modus Create is a Product Studio offering consulting services and SaaS products for strategic planning, design and and execution of web-based and mobile products. We work across multiple industries with Fortune 1000, ISVs, and startups to validate, plan and launch new products. Headquartered in Reston, VA, we are a bootstrapped team that has grown from 2 to 100 people in 26 countries in 6 years, committed to building the best product consulting firm on the planet. We offer a highly collaborative, autonomous and effective working environment. We love and believe in what we do. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
- Competitive compensation
- 100% paid full family health insurance coverage, 401k and other benefits
- Ability to work remotely when not on client site
- The best equipment and software necessary to get the job done
- Working side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
- Fun company sponsored events and activities to connect with team members
- Ability to travel occasionally
Do you have what it takes to join the DC area's most awesome tech company? Let’s start a conversation.