You embody the interdependence of software development and IT operations. You love when things come together to rapidly develop and deploy products. We often need to cross the lines between development, quality assurance, and operations. Modus Create helps its clients build products and deploy them in production. If you’ve got the chops and want to ditch the cubicle, apply to the best lean startup development team on the planet.
- Measure the performance of a production system
- Write automated tests to verify correct behavior
- Set up continuous integration
- Make changes to the system to improve performance
- Work with our team on client site in Arlington, VA 2 to 4 days a week
We’re looking for a consultant with following experience:
- At least 3-5 years of experience on a software development or automated QA team, using the tools and practices associated with DevOps
- Ability to set up a Continuous Deployment pipeline
- Virtualization and containerization experience, especially with Docker and Vagrant
- Automated functional testing with Cucumber, Selenium Webdriver, Watir, Capybara, or similar systems
- Experience with TDD or BDD practices
- Jenkins, Bamboo, CircleCI or comparable continuous integration systems
- Linux system administration
- Proficiency in multiple scripting languages: bash, Ruby, Python, or comparable systems
- Ability to set up and customize open source software, such as LAMP stack CMS systems and Java applications
- Familiarity with multiple database systems, both SQL and NoSQL (For example, MySQL and MongoDB)
- Demonstrated experience in using Amazon Web Services (AWS), Heroku, or Google Compute Platform to deploy dev, test, and production applications
- Experience deploying applications with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Cloud Formation, or similar systems
- Experience with blue / green deployments
- Experience with A/B testing
Highly qualified candidates will have:
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience
- A track record of writing responses to requests for proposals (RFPs) and writing original proposals that win consulting work
- Software estimation skills, including Agile estimation with Story Points and Scrum planning experience.
- Substantial open source contributions to tools or methodologies used in the DevOps field
- Have designed and taught classes in an area of technical expertise
- Track record of active participation across social media (Stack Overflow, programming language/ framework forums, Meetup groups, blogging, Twitter)
Let’s Talk about You
You value outcomes above all else: You have a proven track record shipping great mobile and web products. By understanding the big picture, you articulate strategy and vision with strong written and verbal communication.
You Lead by Doing: You realize that the big picture is worthless without getting your hands dirty in the technical details for strategic and tactical problem solving. You understand the value of situational leadership and can adapt to the needs and strength of your team.
You Love Work, Growth and Learning: You dream of working in a culture that values hard work, continued learning and innovation with a commitment to building amazing products for clients and their end users. You’ll stop learning when you are dead, and until then you desire to gain deeper knowledge in technology and business.
Let’s Talk About Us
Modus Create is a Product Studio offering consulting services and SaaS products for strategic planning, design and and execution of web-based and mobile products. We work across multiple industries with Fortune 1000, ISVs, and startups to validate, plan and launch new products. Headquartered in Reston, VA, we are a bootstrapped team that has grown from 2 to 70 people in 10 countries in 6 years, committed to building the best product consulting firm on the planet. We offer a highly collaborative, autonomous and effective working environment. We love and believe in what we do. This is your chance to be part of building something great.
- Competitive compensation
- Ability to work remotely / telecommute
- Working side-by-side with thought leaders in emerging tech
- Fun company sponsored events and activities to connect with team members
Do you have what it takes to join the DC area's most awesome tech startup? Let’s start a conversation.